Friday, April 3, 2009

Eddie Florek Takes On Tiberi in 2010 - In His Own Words

Eddie Florek will enter the 2010 Congressional Race against Pat Tiberi next fall. Rather than interpret Eddie’s positions, I will let his words speak for themselves. Listed below is Eddie’s beliefs and positions in his own words.

“I would like to represent the Libertarian party in Ohio's 12th district for the House of Representatives in 2010. The current representative, Pat Tiberi, has supported government largess just as frequently as he has opposed it, oftentimes going back and forth on similar issues. He has supported continual funding to Iraq, wavers on Afghanistan, has sponsored government insurance in the SCHIP program, and has a knack for avoiding votes on controversial issues like TARP and Ledbetter. He has consistently sided with the Democrats against domestic energy production. After he voted against drilling for oil last year I had planned to vote for the Libertarian candidate, but was surprised to find no Libertarian ran in my district.

I greatly worry about the quality and status of the public education system. Despite attended a "good" school system (Dublin, OH) for K-12 I found the curriculum severely lacking. Assigned literature shamelessly pushed liberal agendas. History textbooks were filled with disinformation smearing conservatives and western civilization. Teachers I had were unaware of hugely influential philosophers like Tzu and Nietzsche and were unable to make any comparisons to Machiavelli's The Prince, which shockingly was the only part of the curriculum of which the teacher was ashamed. Even as a teenager I could not understand how they could avoid being fired. Were I as incompetent at delivering newspapers as my teacher's were in their specialized subjects I would have lost my newspaper route.

During my undergrad at Capital University I had the opportunity to compare education with liberal indoctrination side-by-side. Earning degrees in economics and communication I saw for the first time true education from the economics department; an attempt to disseminate valuable information and reasoning techniques without leading students to a liberal conclusion. In the communication department it was the exact opposite. Everything was the fault of whites, men and Europeans. Even literature about black television programs pushed that those were racist. I take great pride in my economics degree, although my communication degree is not worth the paper on which it is printed.

After I became an instructor myself I was determined to provide my students with information that would make them successful IT professionals. Not being protected by tenure or unions from personal incompetence I was required to maintain an 8.5/9 average from students on my skills as an instructor to maintain employment. That forced me to constantly evolve and go above and beyond to maintain student satisfaction. Government intrusion in the financial sector leading to last year's meltdown cost me my position, despite maintaining high feedback scores and being well regarded by fellow instructors and students alike. Now I laugh at the unemployment system, as I am paid more to sit at home doing nothing than I would to swallow my pride and accept a lesser position. Others must also be in positions where they would be willing to work, but unemployment benefits remove the incentive of temporarily accepting a lower station. My own situation is but one empirical example of the damage done by government intrusion, not only the loss of employment, but the removal of incentive to quickly replace that employment. “

1 comment:

  1. I just had Eddie knock on my door for a signature, down to earth guy, likes guns and hates the current health care bill being pushed around. While I am sure we disagree on a few issues, he certainly seems like a stand up guy to me.

    ReplyDelete